4 Tips to Make Guests Happy!
1. Make it cute! Put yourself in your guests shoes for a second. Staying at your house should be a fun time for them! Their visit at your house is like a mini-vacation for them, so show off your fabulous taste and make them feel like they’re on holiday! Give your home a spiffy little update. Make sure spaces are clean and uncluttered, with well appointed touches like chic pillow assortments and stylized tablescapes to create a magazine worthy ambiance.
2. Be our Guest! Make them feel comfortable and welcome with readily available necessities and a few luxuries too! Guests should never have to ask for a towel or wonder is its ok to use your toothpaste. Make them feel at home by providing a few spa-like comforts. They will feel so special!
3. Flowers for my flower. A little gesture can go a long way. A vase of fresh flowers, or even one lovely bloom in a glass of water, will light up the room. The delicate fragrance and life that flowers and fresh plants bring to a space will add a very pleasant vibe to your home.
4. Go the extra mile: Here are a few more things to consider for your guests this holiday season: Home is where the wifi connects automatically. Make the wifi password easily accessible – you may even want to add it to a small frame for convenience. Have extra clean blankets and pillows on hand. Magazines and a bottle of water are lovely gestures. Also, it is always nice to have a photo of your guest, perhaps even with you, somewhere in your home on display. Then they know how much you think about them all year.
Having a dedicated space for guests is a wonderful treat for your loved ones when they come to town. The experience of staying with a dear friend or family member and feeling welcomed into well appointed quarters is a special luxury. Decorating a guest room can be a creative and fun project! The space should be comfortable, and uncluttered. Even if you have a small home, or do not have a spare room with the sole purpose of entertaining overnight guests, you can still create a cozy nook for your company. Often times a guest room will be used for multiple purposes, like doubling as a home office or used to store extra garments, so this needs to be taken into consideration when planning the space. Here are a few tips for accessorizing for wonderful guest room decor.
1. Comfort is key! Decorate a guest room with relaxation in mind. Travelling and staying outside the amenities of your own home can be exhausting. Plus being on vacation should be a time of leisure! The bed is the obvious place to start with when making such provisions. Decorate your guest room with lots of pillows to prop up on and choose from when going to sleep. Everybody has different tastes in pillows, from flat to fluffy and feathers to firm, it is nice to provide a good assortment. This also makes for an attractive and luxurious look on the bed. Also, make sure to provide extra blankets for warmth, and fresh crisp sheets. A bench at the end of the bed can provide an inviting space to sit down and remove ones shoes, or stand as a place to rest a suitcase so that they don’t have to root around on the floor or move it back and forth from the bed whenever they want to find something. And of course remember to leave a pile of soft towels. Nobody wants to guess if the monogrammed towels in the bathroom are just for show!
2. Make your guest room a home away from home with delightful little touches. Simple gestures can make your guests stay that much more enjoyable. Consider adding a vase of fresh flowers. Even just a few daisies or a sprig of forsythia that you pick in your own yard will add so much charm to the aura of the room. A well adorned nightstand, with a clock, reading lamp, box of tissues and a bottle of water will truly make your guests feel special, and welcome.
3. Decorate a guest room for a memorable stay. Express your style, and make your guest room decor extraordinary with beautiful wallpaper, ambient lighting and a well garnished bed. Wallpaper in a guest room is an gorgeous decor idea to warm up the space and add a touch of panache. Fine hotels and bed and breakfasts often use wallpaper to evoke a balance of luxurious retreat and eye-catching design. Nothing makes guests feel more pampered than to be put up in stylish accommodations. It is an exciting break from their normal surroundings in the comfort of a dear friend or family members own home! Enjoy some of our favorite guest room decor ideas below, full of ample comforts, harmonious and lovely decor, and thoughtful touches to invite the sense that you would like your guests to feel at home.